CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Orion


I liked Patty's post so much I decided to do one about Orion. Orion is a rescued puppy from Golden retriever rescue. His previous owner was dealing with mental issues and was starving not only himself but also his dog and her puppies. The man was taken to API and hopefully helped there. The momma dog and puppies given to golden retriever rescue to hopefully save. The momma was so starved she barely could make milk to feed the puppies. The rescue people decide that she couldnt feed 6 puppies but maybe they could make her strong enough for 3. Thus they had to pick wgich 3 were the strongest and wich 3 would need to be put down. Orion was chosen to be put to sleep along with two others. He was the runt and had a cockeyed ear...they were trying to pick the biggest and best looking so once they were weaned they could find homes easily. They set orion aside to be put to sleep, and he crawled back into their lap...every time they would place him to the side he would crawl back and snuggle into the lap of the person doing the choosing. Finally they decided maybe we can have four puppies, maybe this one has a strong enough will to live to make it. He did! He is the best dog in the world, cockeyed ear and all! He was originally named Christopher after Christopher Columbus since he explored everywhere and everything....Tyler named him Orion Scorpio and he became part of our family. He joined Ty and I right after I seperated from Troy and was just what both Ty and I needed. Someone to love, to confide in, cry on and play with! The only signs that still linger from his earlier life are that he would eat until he explodes given the chance and he becomes very concerned to the point of manicness if anyone, especially me, sounds upset. I have been told these are typical traits in all labs though so perhaps he would behave this way even without the rocky start to his little life. He lives to please and follows me everywhere. Orions favorite things are retrieving...anything, me, chickens, food, sunshine, to run (he can run 25 to 30 miles per hour forever!) and butt rubs! He has recently turned 7 and is starting to grey a little on his chin. I love him and cant imagine how hard it will be when he is gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a great story about your dog and how he lived and became yours! As much as I complain about mine, I love them more!

Gayle said...

He's a very handsome fellow. He's very lucky to have "found" such a loving family! I guess tomorrow I'll take a moment to introduce you to our newest addition...dog number six. (The four we are selling don't count).